Inlays & Onlays: Keep Your Smile Power!
An attractive smile packs a punch. It projects good health, vitality, beauty, personality, and so much more. You are probably familiar with crowns or fillings to fix damage caused by decay. Well, in certain situations, your dentist in Tigard may recommend dental inlays or onlays.
How do inlays and onlays work?
Both inlays and onlays are restorations for the two teeth located behind your eye or canine teeth, also known as premolars. They are one solid piece made in the same size and shape of the hole left behind because of a cavity. We use them when the amount of damage is too extensive to be supported by a filling, either composite, amalgam, etc.
Inlays are placed on the biting surface between the cusps of a tooth, while onlays go on top of one or several tooth cusps.
A custom-made approach for your smile
Every inlay and onlay is unique. That’s because we take an impression of the tooth. That is used to manufacture the restoration in a lab. While that’s in the works, you’ll receive a temporary filling.
5 reasons why inlays and onlays may be suitable for your smile
- Comparable to the natural beauty and strength of your natural tooth.
- Keep what’s left of your tooth intact and free of future problems.
- No one will be able to spot the restoration because it’s color-matched to other teeth.
- Inlays and onlays can last more than a decade with proper care.
- Make a great first impression in any situation!
If you’re experiencing signs of decay, such as sensitivity, pain while biting, discolored tooth surfaces, pits or holes in teeth, or spontaneous pain, get in touch immediately. We’ll get you in as soon as possible and then determine which restoration technique is best.
Dial our team in Tigard for Inlays & Onlays
- Can restore large holes caused by decay
- Color-matched to your natural smile
- Long-lasting with adequate hygiene
- Strong material – like natural teeth
- Will protect your smile from future damage.