If you can’t see or feel a dental problem, how do you know you have one? This is one of the most challenging jobs we have and it’s why dental researchers have skillfully found a simple solution… Let the patient see what the dentist is seeing! And that’s how the intraoral camera was “born.”
While it’s a very small camera that is placed at the end of a wand and can easily be placed anywhere in your mouth, we think of it as one of our most valuable communication tools. It captures images of your teeth, gums, and tissues which can be shown to you on our chairside monitors. The camera is also outfitted with LED lighting and a magnifier for better visibility.
Think about it. If you’re able to see what we’re seeing, you’ll more-easily understand your treatment options. It will show you actual photos of your teeth, gums, and more … and it will provide the security you need to understand treatment recommendations and to feel confident in determining what treatment options are best for you.
Plus, as your dentist in Tigard, we hope that, as an important member of your health care team, it helps us earn your valuable trust!
What kind of images might you see?
- fractured teeth
- failing restorations
- plaque buildup
- inflamed tissues (gingivitis)
- gum disease
- and more!
Ways you can benefit from the use of intraoral cameras:
- Intraoral cameras are essential patient education tools and are the fastest and most effective way to communicate.
- They allow us to build more comprehensive patient record files, as images can be saved and referred to in the future.
- They are very useful to communicate with dental specialists, should you need a referral. The images allow them to get a jump on your case before even meeting you, helping them to better-prepare for your visit.
- Your insurance company loves them! The images are really helpful when insurance providers need clarity of a recommended treatment or a claim, especially when the care is more complex … saving you a lot of time and hassle.
Using intraoral cameras isn’t just a neat little techno-gimmick. It’s a communication tool that helps us all make better treatment decisions. So, come on in to Total Health Dental for an appointment and give that smile a screen test! Call (503) 433-8256 today!