Dental Implants Help You Design The Smile Of Your Dreams
Our dentists in Tigard at Total Health Dental are delighted to restore many patients’ smiles with dental implants. This incredible restorative treatment is long-lasting, durable, and as close as it gets to the real thing.
Background on tooth loss and dental implants
Close to 70% of North Americans aged 35-44 have lost at least one tooth because of an accident, gum disease, or infection. You can face several consequences because of tooth loss, including shifting teeth (because of the gap left behind). When teeth move around, you could be left with a bad bite, unappealing spaces, and find it painful to eat.
Dental implants prevent the rest of your smile from going astray. Implants are comprised of artificial titanium tooth roots that are covered with crowns, also known as caps. They look just like regular teeth and function like them, too. They can be used to replace a single tooth or all teeth. Dentures can also be attached to implants to prevent irritation and clicking noises when talking. They can also be used as another option instead of crown and bridge treatment and partial dentures.
How your dentist in Tigard approaches dental implants
- First, we will evaluate your smile, take x-rays, and discuss your goals and concerns, among other preliminary items.
- If dental implants are suitable and you decide to proceed, our Tigard dentist will place the implant.
- We will then allow time for the artificial tooth root to stabilize. This is necessary because it reinforces your jawbone and prevents further bone loss.
- During the next appointment, we’ll put a natural-looking dental crown on the implant.
Whether you’ve been seriously considering dental implants for some time or are just starting to think about this restorative option, we want to hear from you. Dr. Johnson and his team have positively impacted many of your neighbors’ lives with this treatment. Find out if it’s ideal for you.
Dial our team in Tigard for dental implants
- Get that full, vibrant smile you’ve been missing
- Prevent adjacent teeth from shifting
- Chew all the foods you love
- Speak confidently in public
- Brush and floss like usual.