- I’m in a Triathlon Club that provides comradery and keeps me motivated. I’ve completed two Ironman Races so far and look forward to the next one!
- Scuba Diving helps me keep in shape while I explore the wondrous majesty of our underwater world.
- Backcountry Snowboarding is a great way to stay active in the winter when training for triathlons can be more of a challenge.
- Century Rides… I’ve been riding the annual Reach The Beach 100-mile century bike ride from Portland to the Pacific for 8 years now!
– Dr. Joel Fast You could say that sports got started me on my path to becoming a dentist. And 12 years after earning my doctorate from OHSU School of Dentistry, my passions remain sports and dentistry. I’ve always loved sports and being active, and as a teenager had the opportunity to be mentored by a local baseball coach – a dentist. Through this mentoring, I found my second passion – dentistry. He was so compassionate and a great coach. I was inspired. Fast forward to today. As a dentist I avoid the pitfalls of sitting at a desk all day, but repetitive activities can leave their mark too. To combat this, I make a point of including activities into my schedule that force me to move in ways I don’t while at the practice. For me it’s easy. I love sports! Activities I regularly fit into my life…