As dentists in Tigard, at Total Health Dental, we refuse to compromise on the level of quality care we offer. Part of that commitment is the use of diagnostic technologies because they provide many advantages for you – our valued patient.
In this blog … I’ll talk about the technology that helps us better determine the state of your oral health while offering you a better experience in the dental chair. You may be surprised to learn how beneficial this equipment really is.
Digital x-rays allow your dentist in Tigard to get a clear picture of the inside of your teeth and gums, so that diagnosis is more accurate, and treatment is specific to your unique situation. In addition, there’s…
- up to 90% less radiation than with traditional x-rays
- less time in the dental chair because they are faster and more efficient
- no exposure to film chemicals – safer for you, our team, and the environment
- faster insurance processing because claims are illustrated, and electronic communication is instantaneous.
The intraoral camera is a small pen-sized camera that is linked to a chairside monitor to display what we see when we examine your teeth, gums, and mouth. Because it displays images on a screen, it helps you understand what we mean when we’re discussing our findings with you during your dental cleaning, exam, or consultation.
Digital impressions are 100% comfortable, and a clear techno winner that…
- eliminate the need for goopy impressions (awesome, right?!)
- take clear, color impressions of your teeth, gums, and other soft tissue
- can be sent electronically to the lab, for faster service and more accurate results.
Soft tissue lasers are most often used in dentistry to correct gum issues. This can include gum disease treatment or changing the shape of your gums. Our patients love it because it feels less invasive than a scalpel and often reduces swelling and bleeding after treatment. They’re not ideal in all situations, so depending on your individual history and needs, we may recommend a different choice.
We are committed to making your experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Technology is a big part of that – and we make good use of it.
Please call today to book your consultation or to ask any questions about our practice. We welcome new patients and our friendly team will be happy to talk to you.
Yours in excellent dental health,
Dr. Rod Johnson, Dr. Joel Fast, and Dr. Rima Shaer, general family dentists serving Tigard, Durham, Bull Mountain, King City, and area